Liquid carbon dioxide is stored in a low-pressure tank at approximately 20 bar and at a temperature of around -20°C. When sprayed into a pelletising cylinder, it forms carbon dioxide gas and carbon dioxide snow as a result of cooling and expansion to the ambient pressure. This snow, which has a temperature of approximately -78°C, is compacted and then pressed through a pelletising matrix. This produces dry ice pellets measuring around 3 mm in diameter and 10 mm in length.
LKY Kältetechnik offers dry ice in the form of pellets, nuggets or blocks. Products are dispatched in weights starting from just 10 kg in special insulated polystyrene boxes with flexible capacity. Larger quantities are dispatched in special dry ice containers with a capacity of up to 600 kg.
Benefits of dry ice technology:
- Dry ice pellets have a low degree of hardness.
- They can be used to clean even sensitive surfaces. The dry ice blasting process can be adapted ¬to the properties of the surface to be cleaned by varying ¬the process parameters.
- Dry ice pellets are a viable alternative to organic -solvents that are harmful to the environment and¬ halogenated hydrocarbons.
- The only waste produced is the coating material that is removed.
- Dry ice blast granulate sublimes without leaving any residue.
- Only short downtimes are required for the systems to be cleaned.
- Investment impacts